New Self Storage Facilities North East Discussed by Ashington Removals & Storage
We have moved our self-storage facilities to a new and improved site just 5 minutes away so if you already have storage with us there is no impact to you and if you are thinking about self-storage then we can help whether its domestic or business storage.
Ashingtons Removal & Storage have been in business for over 10 years and we have an experienced and efficient team who will ensure your house or business move runs smoothly, we offer a moving day cleaning service for the property you are leaving or moving to and our self-storage facilities are clean, dry, secure, professional and second to none.
New Self Storage Facilities North East
We offer self-storage facilities for both homeowners and businesses. Our self-storage units vary in size to suit your belongings whether it is a few items you need storage for right up to furniture and belongings from your whole house or for your business. We can also quickly increase or decrease the size of your storage to suit your needs when they change and offer short or long term storage solutions for you.
Some people choose to store their belongings if they are moving abroad so they know they will have it all when they come back to the UK, for others it might be you are moving into a fully furnished rental property for a while, or you may just need a few items stored in-between moves or until you decide what you will do with it. Some people use our storage facilities for their business to store items they may be selling on at a later date, or we offer a full document storage solution if you no longer have the space to store documents within your business that you legally have to keep for a certain period of time.
Why Choose Ashington Removals & Storage Self-Storage Facilities?
At Ashington Removals, we have our very own purpose-built storage facilities on our own site which are fully alarmed with 24- hour CCTV cameras in operation and a secure distance from any open public access.
Safe & Secure Self Storage
All of our storage units are extremely secure. Our storage site isn’t close to any public access, we have full CCTV across the site and we have a professionally fitted alarm system. Each storage unit has an individual lock and pin access code alarm system and all of this ensures your belongings are safe and secure whilst being stored with us.
Clean, Dry & Humidity Controlled Self Storage
Our purpose-built storage facilities are clean, dry and humidity-controlled ensuring your belongings don’t get damaged from extreme weather conditions, either hot or cold whilst being stored with us.
Collection & Delivery Service Self Storage
We offer a collection and delivery service for the items you are storing with us if they are too big for you to transport yourself. This enables you to store large items and a lot of items without the worry of you fitting them into your car or having to hire a van yourself. This service can be easily arranged by you contacting our expert team who will be happy to help.
Porter Service Available
If you have large items or a lot of items that you are unable to move by yourself then we offer a pre-arranged porter service which takes away the worry of you having to lift and move items yourself when they get to your storage unit.
Fully Insured Self Storage
We are fully insured for any loss if there is any unauthorised access to our main storage facilities giving you peace of mind your belongings are safe and secure with us.
Short & Long Term Flexible Agreements for Self Storage
We offer short and long term rental agreements to suit your needs with the option to extend your storage if you need to at any time.
Ability to Increase or Decrease the Size of your Storage Quickly
If you need to increase or decrease the size of your storage unit at any time then our self-storage facility can accommodate this and we can help you understand which size unit you will need in relation to your belongings.
Stackable Storage Boxes Available
We can provide you with stackable storage boxes if you need them which means you will get the most out of your storage space and enable you to store more than you think you can when using our storage box systems.
Security Seals Available
If you are storing business documents with us then we can provide you with security seals for your document storage boxes which will give you additional security whilst they are with us. We can also help you with your archive storage box system if you need support with this as well.
How to Effectively Store your Belongings in a Self-Storage Unit?
- Ensure you take out insurance to cover your belongings in your self-storage unit from the day you first rent your storage unit
- Before you move anything into your storage unit it is a good idea to clean it thoroughly as this will protect it and your other items whilst they are being stored
- Create an inventory. Before you start packing, make a list of everything that is going into your storage unit so you know exactly where your belongings are, there is nothing more frustrating than searching for something and realising it is actually being stored at home and not in your self-storage unit
- Take photos of any valuable items in the unlikely event that you need to make an insurance claim, this will show your insurer the condition it was in when it was stored and that it was in your storage unit
- If often makes it easier and more compact to dismantle any furniture you can before you pout it in your storage unit
- Cover the floor of your storage unit with a thick sheet of plastic which will protect the bottom of your boxes and belongings from condensation which can cause mould and dampness. If you can, use wooden pallets to raise items from directly sitting on the concrete floor which is especially good if you are storing fabric furniture
- When you arrive at your storage facility unload your belongings into the loading bay and use the storage facilities trolleys to move them to your unit. Be really careful not to overload the trolleys or overload them as your belongings can topple off when you move the trolley
- Wrap furniture using dust covers or breathable fabrics which will prevent dust build-up. Wrapping furniture in plastic can trap any dampness inside and result in mould or mildew occurring so always make sure it is a breathable fabric
- Store sofas and mattresses on end and stack chairs seat to seat to maximise the space you have
- Put the tallest and heaviest items into the back of your storage unit
- Protect glass and fragile items by wrapping them in bubble wrap and, or protective paper
- Raise fabric furniture off the floor even it is putting cardboard underneath
- Don’t leave any traces of food anywhere as this can result in mould or pests
- Don’t cram too much in and leave an aisle in the middle so you have easy access to all of your belongings
- Store the items you need access to at the front of your storage unit to ensure they are easy to get to without climbing over other belongings as this can result in damage to other belongings
- Use uniform sized boxes which will make stacking them much easier as well as keeping your unit looking clean and organised making it easier to find anything you may need
- Using stackable boxes is easier and allows you to make the most of your vertical space
- When packing smaller items into boxes don’t overload the boxes
- Distribute your heavier items between all of your boxes so they don’t become too heavy to lift and manoeuvre
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of your boxes and lighter items at the top
- Place heavier boxes at the bottom of a stack
- Pack the items tightly, using tissue paper or bubble wrap for fragile items or items that might damage other belongings
- Label your boxes clearly so you can know at a glance what is in them
- Seal your boxes with heavy-duty tape
- If you are storing clothes, bedding, towels or upholstery then protect them by storing them in vacuum storage bags and label them. The vacuum bags reduce all of the air and will give you much more storage space compared to not using them
- Roll your clothing to ensure you get as much as you can into your vacuum bags and to prevent creases that over time will be difficult to remove
- Maximize your space by using items like suitcases, dressers, drawers, and furniture to store other smaller items inside
- Safely pack and seal any sharp edges or garden tools to avoid any accidents when you are moving about your storage unit
- Tools and garden equipment should be given a good clean before they are stored and the blades of a lawnmower or cutting tools should be lightly oiled to keep them from drying out
Ashington Removals & Storage Removal Services
Ashington Removals is a family-owned business and we specialise in home, office and commercial removals and storage.
Our removal experts and equipment ensure your move goes smoothly and without any hitches and we will help you plan your move so it goes without any hitches, adapting our products and services for your requirements and budget.
We offer various removal services and adaptability on the quantity of work that you want to do yourself when moving home. Our complete packing and moving service enable you to leave your whole removal to us, or you can pack your belongings on your own and we will load, move and unload them for you on the day. If this is the moving service you decide to go with we can supply you with boxes and clothes storage containers before your move to help when you are packing.
If you are moving your business then we will assign a move manager who will project manage the removal of your business furniture, documents and it equipment to ensure minimal disruption to your business.
Ashington Removals & Storage Free Survey Visits
We will arrange for one of our trained surveyors to visit your home to go over your moving needs and provide you with a free competitive removal quote. Our expert surveyor will provide you with an in-depth summary of the services that we can provide, talk over your removal requirements and budget, as well as estimate how long it will take to pack, dismantle load and unload when they have surveyed your home and belongings.
Ashington Removals & Storage Moving Day Deep Cleaning Services
Whether it’s leaving a rented property or one you have sold then you will know that moving day can be extremely stressful and busy. You need to be out of your new home with the keys passed to your Estate Agent or Letting Agent by a specific time and your property should be cleaned and in a good and reasonable state for the new owner or tenant. Sometimes you will arrive at your new property and it won’t have been left in the clean state you would have wanted so you have to clean it throughout before you move any of your belongings in and start unpacking.
At Ashington Removals & Storage we offer a full moving day cleaning service, either for the property you are moving out of or for the property you are moving into, or both, removing the need of any cleaning needing to be done yourself, enabling you to focus on unpacking and settling in.
What are the Advantages of Choosing Ashington Removals & Storage?
- Every item can be packed and wrapped, helping you save time and effort prior to your move
- We can come in 24- 48 hours prior to you moving, so you don’t need to go without your belongings in the weeks leading up to your move
- Every box is labelled, packed and unloaded into the same room of your new property, saving you time when you’re unpacking your boxes
- We can take apart and reassemble your furniture in your new property so you can start unpacking your boxes straight away without having to worry about furniture
- We eliminate the worry of how you will get your furniture into your new home
- There’s no need to organise hiring a lorry which removes the worry of you having the appropriate driving licence to drive a larger vehicle
- We load and unload your packed containers and furniture for you, saving you the concern of lifting heavy items and injuring yourself
- Our knowledgeable team will make sure you are out of your property at that time you need to be as we always know the length of time needed to pack and load
- You don’t have to ask family members and friends to assist you with your move
- Some of your belongings will be stored overnight at our protected site and our team will stay with them on the day between you leaving your existing home and receiving the keys for your new one
- Your belongings are fully insured against any damages or breakages
- You can unpack your boxes in the days after your move and we will come and pick up the empty containers at a convenient time for you
- You can enjoy your new home on the day that you move in and spend time getting things unpacked and set up
- We can store any size items at our secure storage facilities whilst you get settled and decide what you want to do with them at a later date
- Our team are remarkably knowledgeable and work carefully and efficiently and we don’t sub-contract any of our work
- Our expert services will save you time, worry and stress, both before, on the day and after you move
Using Ashington Removals and Storage for your move offers you a complete removal and storage service that takes care of every aspect of your move. Depending on your individual circumstances and needs, we can pack and wrap your belongings the days before your move, we will load, transport and deliver them to your new property on your moving day. We can send in our professional move out, move-in cleaning team to deep clean the property you are moving out of and the property you are moving into, making unpacking in your new property a pleasure rather than having to focus on cleaning it thoroughly before you start. As well as dropping off any items you are moving into storage in our safe and secure self-storage facilities.
If you are looking for Self-Storage in the North East for your belongings or for your business then contact us today on 01670 810289 and one of our team can answer any questions you may have, arrange for you to come and see us or book your storage unit.