ASHINGTON REMOVALS COVID-19 Working Policy
Our crews will be wearing PPE to protect you from infection and to reduce the risk of transmission.
If your move requires more than a two-man crew, the third team member will arrive on separate transport rather than place three men in the confined space of a vehicle.
Your move plan
- We will discuss your removal with you ahead of move day to understand the layout of your new property. It would be helpful to see a floor plan if you have a copy on record from the sale or rental of your property
- Our operational managers will create a move plan which observes social distancing guidelines for the team, which will be adhered to by the team leader
- Move Plans will include identification of rooms at your new property
- On Move Day your team leader will discuss the move with you while observing social distancing measures
- We will ask you to either vacate the property or, if not possible, to remain in one room or agree social distancing measures, remaining 2 metres away from the removal teams
- Hygiene is the first defence for the virus, so we will ask you to co-operate by agreeing that the removal team has access to washing facilities so team members can wash their hands frequently throughout your move. The team will bring their own soap.
- The removal team will also be provided with sanitiser so they can maintain strict hygiene levels while driving and will sanitise the door handles and steering wheels of the removal vehicle throughout the day
- Our teams will not ask you to make tea but will bring their own beverage to ensure that you do not share facilities
- When you receive your keys, the team will confirm the layout of your property
- Following the placement of furniture and cartons, the team will ask you to view the delivery property while the operational team vacate the property. If there are changes to be made, these will be agreed with the team
- The team will leave delivery paperwork at a spot to be agreed with you and will ask you to use your own pen for the signature
For your reassurance
Our removal teams have had training on how to maximise protection while working within the close quarters of your home to ensure your safety. This includes safe use of PPE, frequent washing of hands and sanitising vehicles, and the washing of uniforms daily at high temperatures.
Thank you for co-operating with these new procedures, we look forward to moving you safely to your new home.