Why you Might be Considering Moving Home discussed by Ashington Removals & Storage
There are lots of reasons you might be considering Moving Home and our blog gives you all the hints and tips you need for a successful and stress-free move whatever your circumstances.
Size of your Current Home
There are lots of reasons why the size of your current home doesn’t suit you any more. It may be that you brought a smaller home to get yourself on the housing ladder and now you need more space. You may have brought a flat or apartment with one or two bedrooms and you now need more bedrooms for when family or friends come to stay. You may not have a garden and you want one now, or you want a bigger garden than you currently have. You may only have one bathroom and you now want more, or you now want a downstairs toilet or a bathroom upstairs. You may not currently have a garage or driveway and this is now something that you want or need. You may want a bigger kitchen or generally more downstairs space.
The layout of your Current Home
Often the layout of your home no longer works for you but there is no way of making internal changes to make it work for you. Some people want a bigger kitchen, more living space, a dining room, a conservatory or more of an open plan layout. You may live in a house and now want or need to live in a bungalow or vice versa to make everyday life easier.
When you have lived in a home for a couple of years your belongings almost always increase and this sometimes means that you outgrow the house, flat or apartment you are living in. In these cases, unless you are able to build an extension or extend up into your loft it often means you want or need to move home.
You want to Progress up the Property Ladder
When you buy your first home you will have saved a lot of money as a deposit and would normally have brought what you could afford at the time. House prices have been on the up for years and it may now be that you have a good amount of equity in your home or your job has changed which now means you can afford and want to progress up the housing ladder to buy a bigger property or a property in a nicer location.
Your Family is Expanding
Your family has or will be expanding and you now need a bigger home with more downstairs space, a bigger garden, more bedrooms or bathrooms or even a home with a garage. If you don’t have the space to build an extension onto your existing home then moving is your only option.
The Location of your Current Home
The location of your current home no longer suits your commute to work, your social life, the schools or colleges you want your children to go to, you may want to move closer to family and friends, or it may mean that you want to move out of a town and into more of a rural location or vice versa. In these situations you don’t have the option of expanding or changing your current home to suit your requirements and a move is your only option.
You are Relocating
You may have a new job which means you now need to relocate to a new area or location in the country or you may want to move closer to family and friends and in these situations, a move is your only option.
Important Things to Remember, Consider and Do when you are Moving Home
Whatever your reason for moving you should always be really clear on; why you are moving, what are the must have’s for your new home and what are the things you are willing to compromise on, as it is really easy to run away with things and fall in love with a new home when it doesn’t actually tick all of your boxes, and this can be a very expensive mistake later down the line.
Moving house can take anything from 6 weeks to 12 month’s and it will all depend on yours, your buyers, your sellers situations and how long your buying chain is. The first part to moving house is putting your house on the market if you have one to sell. Most people won’t accept an offer from you unless your existing property is under offer so we would always advise that you; research the area and type of house you are looking for to make sure there are ones on the market that you would want to buy and in your price range. Try not to view houses unless you have had an offer on yours as it can be heartbreaking if you find a house that you love but you can’t make an offer on it as yours hasn’t been sold and it then sells to someone else.
Selling your Home
If you have decided that you are moving house there are a few things you should do first:
- Clear-out and declutter your existing home
- Refresh any rooms that need a lick of paint
- Consider storage solutions you can use to make your home look clean, clear and tidy
- Give it a deep clean
- Tidy the garden
- Look on a property selling site to see what properties have sold in your area and their condition, so you have an idea of how quickly houses are selling, for how much and then compare it to yours so you have an idea what you will get for it
- Ask for 3 estate agents to come round and value your home
- When you have an idea of the value of your home you will know the equity you have and you can speak to your mortgage company to check they will give you a mortgage for the difference in the price of your current home and the sort of property you would be looking to move to. Always remember that you may not always get the full asking price for your property and you need to calculate the other costs associated with moving; mortgage fees, estate agent fees, stamp duty, legal fees and removal costs
- When you have done all of this you will be ready to decide which estate agent you want to market your property with
Don’t always feel you have to accept the first offer you get. If you receive an offer in the first week of it being on the market which isn’t your full asking price then thank them for their offer and let them know you will take it into consideration over the next few days after you have had more viewings.
When you have received an offer and accepted it you can start the exciting experience of viewing properties. Always check that your buyer has their mortgage agreed and find out when they would be looking to move to you have this information when you want to make an offer on another property.
Register with lots of estate agents and set up alerts on the main house selling websites so you can quickly arrange viewings for the ones that you like.
When you have found a home that you love we would advise that you check on the main selling websites for previous properties that have been sold in the road and area you are looking to buy in so you can check when they were sold, their condition and how much they sold for. This will help you make a decision on how much you should offer for the property.
Hints for Speeding up your Moving Home Process
- Know which conveyancer you want to use and instruct them as soon as your offer has been accepted
- Ensure you have all of your legal documents ready
- Arrange a survey in the early stages of the process as these will quite often bring up things you weren’t aware of which may need re-negotiation on
- Have your mortgage agreed in principle with your lender
- Schedule a weekly call with your conveyancing solicitor to check for updates, issues and progress so you keep on top of them
- Organise your removal company in the early stages of the legal conveyancing process and keep them updated with any changes to your completion date. Even though you won’t know your exact completion date at this point you can estimate and get quotes for the different services they offer so you know who you want to provisionally book when you are ready
Ashington Removals & Storage
Ashington Removals is a family-owned and run business and we specialise in home and office removals in the North East and relocations across the UK.
We know there is no such thing as a “standard” house or business move and that every move is different so we will adapt our products and services to match your requirements.
We offer different removal services to enable you to have a stress free and easy move. Our complete packing and moving service mean you can leave your whole removal to us, or you can pack your possessions yourself and we will load, move and unload them for you on your moving day. We can also supply you with boxes and clothes storage containers a few days before your move to assist you when you are packing.
Ashington Removals Free Moving Home Survey
To ensure we supply you with a competitive and specific quote we will arrange a free survey visit to talk over your removal needs and budget and our experienced surveyor will provide you with an in-depth summary of the services that we offer.
Benefits of choosing Ashington Removals when Moving Home
- Every item can be packed and wrapped, helping you save time and effort prior to your move
- We can come in 24-48 hours prior to your moving date to pack and wrap your belongings for you
- Every box is labelled and unloaded into the same area or room of your home, saving you time when you’re unpacking
- We can take apart and reassemble your furniture in your new home, saving you DIY time and unpacking time
- We eliminate the worry of how you will get your furniture out of your existing home and into your new one (doors and stairs)
- There’s no need to worry about hiring a truck or lorry, removing the worry of having the appropriate driving licence to operate a vehicle
- We load and unload your packing containers and furniture for you, saving you the worry of lifting heavy items and injuring yourself
- Our knowledgeable team will make sure you are out of your property at that time you need to be as we have the experience to know the length of time is necessary to pack and load
- You don’t have to ask family and friends to help you with your move
- Your belongings will be stored overnight at our protected site and our team will stay with them on the day, between you leaving your old home and getting the keys for your new home
- Your belongings are fully insured against any damages or breakages
- You can unpack your boxes in the days after your move and we will come and pick up the empty containers at a time convenient for you
- You can enjoy your new home as soon as you get the keys and you can spend time getting things unpacked and sorted
- We can store any belongings that you don’t need straight away at our secure storage facilities whilst you get settled or decide what you want to do with them
- Our staff are professional, knowledgeable and efficient
- Our expert services save you time, worry and stress, both in the lead up to your move and on the day of your move
Our Furniture Storage Services
At Ashington Removals, we have our very own purpose-built storage space facilities which are fully alarmed with 24- hour CCTV cameras in operation and a secure distance from any open public access.
Our Storage Facilities
- Collection & delivery service available
- Fully insured
- Secure & dry facilities
- Short & long-term storage contracts available
- Stackable storage boxes available to buy
- Stackable moving crates available to hire
- Customer collection available
- Security seals available for added security
- CCTV, Alarmed and pin access codes for each storage unit
If you are considering Moving House and need a professional, reliable and experienced Removal Company then contact us today on 0191 2449311 and one of our moving experts can answer any questions you may have or book your free site assessment.